Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assigned tapes no longer in database

2001-08-07 10:56:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assigned tapes no longer in database
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:56:25 -0400 (EDT)
Hey Dan,

First off, seeing tapes in the volDB with strings doesn't mean
anything.  Most people think it does, but it doesn't.

You might be able to do a bpmedia -movedb on them and move them to
another server.  Or, if you're sure you want to unassign them:

# vmquery -m dlt009
media ID:              DLT009
media type:            DLT cartridge tape (11)
barcode:               --------
volume pool:           NetBackup (1)
robot type:            NONE - Not Robotic (0)
volume group:          ---
created:               Fri Jan 19 20:52:41 2001
assigned:              Sat Jun 16 04:06:14 2001
last mounted:          Sat Jul 07 03:23:50 2001
first mount:           Wed Feb 21 10:59:55 2001
expiration date:       ---
number of mounts:      20
max mounts allowed:    ---
status:                0x0

# vmquery -deassignbyid dlt008 1 0

where 1 is the volume pool number and 0 is the status.