Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option

2001-08-06 15:56:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
W. Curtis Preston wrote:

>>At 07:59 AM 8/6/2001 -0700, David A. Chapa wrote:
>>C:
>>
>>There was a post some time ago about this very point.
>>
>>If you used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and the first fs type is
>>backed up was VxFS and the subsequent fs types were
>>different it would not backup the different type.
>>
>>I'm sure if someone did a search of the archives it
>>would be discovered...I don't have the time now.
>>
>>I also had a student of mine bring it up during an Adv.
>>NBU Class.
>
>Wow, now _I'm_ scared.  Can someone verify this?
>(Especially somebody from Veritas.)

I just tried a quick test, with inconclusive results:

Made a test class with an include list of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
then created an exclude_list file:

*

and an include_list file:

/test_vxfs
/var

But when I kick it off I just get 71 errors. (with or without
multistreaming enabled, same if I reverse the lines in the include
file)

anyone else able to test to verify if this problem is real?
rob