Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup & kerberos

2001-07-30 14:29:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup & kerberos
From: wescotds AT asc.hpc DOT mil (Debbie Wescott)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:29:49 -0400
Is anyone out there successfully using netbackup business server
(Solaris) with kerberized Solaris clients?

I'm having difficulty figuring out where to tweak things. What I'd like
to do is create a user "backup" and have him do all the backups for all
the clients. I'd rather not have a .rhosts file, if I can avoid it.

1. Will having a user other than root do the system backups cause
problems?

2. Will a hosts.equiv entry do the trick and allow the server to
interface with the client as user "backup"?

3. Will that hose up the netbackup interface somehow becuase it want you
to type a password?

Any and all comments/information is appreciated. A brainstorming session
might help too, if no one's actually done this before. Many thanks in
advance.

Debbie
Deborah S. Wescott                                 CSC System Support
937-255-1638                                     wescotds AT asc.hpc DOT mil