Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MS-SQL-Server Class type

2001-07-30 09:48:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MS-SQL-Server Class type
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:48:29 -0400
Has anyone experienced a problem with a Backup, defined with the
MS-SQL-Server Class type, taking down an ethernet interface on a Cisco
router? I have a Windows NT 4.0 Server with SQL 6.0 on it. It has 4 MS
SQL databases. I have Veritas MS-SQL-Server type class defined that
performs a full backup of the databases each night. The databases are
under 50K each. The NT Server backs up through the router to a tape
drive connected to the Master/Media server. About once a month, around
the time the backups are running, an interface on our Cisco router goes
down.

--
Douglas Ritschel
Fujitsu Network Communications