Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] non-target backup of Novell NDS

2001-07-30 09:01:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] non-target backup of Novell NDS
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:01:06 -0500
Miriam Ben-Haim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a line-command for backing up the NDS as a
> non-target backup, instead of the manual initiation of it from the GUI
> on a PC?
>
> We use non-target backup for the NDS, since this is the only way that
> enables us to restore a separate object from the NDS, but we would like
> to schedule it automatically, rather than manually.
>
>         Miriam

I haven't done this, but I gleaned from the non-target user guide that
you could have a class which only backs up one 'resource' from a
non-target bp.ini file. In your case, you could have a separate backup
class with its own schedule/whatever for NDS only using NetBackup's
scheduling. The way you'd do this would to make the filelist for this
class be the NDS resource. Something like:

/NWSERVER/NWSERVER.Novell Directory Services/NWSERVER/NDS

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson       | United Defense L.P.
desk  763.572.6684     | pager 952.235.9936