Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error Code 86

2001-07-27 09:16:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error Code 86
From: Mylyf99 AT aol DOT com (Mylyf99 AT aol DOT com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:16:31 EDT
hello,

here is my sitaution... I am running netbackup 3.2 with the latest patch. I am
getting error code 86's
when attempting backups. I have dlt 7000's in a library.
teh firmware on the dlt 7000's is the latest (245f).

this error is very vague and it has been my experience with this error that it
is almost always hardware related or st.conf related, but the st.conf entry is
correct and we have had some of the hardware replaced.

can anyone give me some insight on this error. according to the t-shooting
guide it says to clean the drives or replace them, we have done both.

any ideas or experiences you have had...

Thank You

-H