Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate using the -id switch

2001-07-25 12:08:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate using the -id switch
From: kkadams AT mmm DOT com (kkadams AT mmm DOT com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:08:48 -0400
? regarding the bpduplicate command using -id mediaid

The Administrator's guide states "If an original is fragmented between different
media ID's, Netbackup duplicates only the fragments that exist on the specified
Media ID"

However, when I use the command the first tape that is selected is a different
media id than the one specified in the command. Which leads me to believe that
the documentation is incorrect.

My goal is to streamline the duplication process so I do not end up with tape
contention. I'm not sure whether I should run duplications from an imagelist or
a list of tapes.

David Chapa.... your script on the Advanced Netbackup scripting site uses the
-id switch. Have you had any problems with tape contention when duplicating?

PS... my environment is Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter, patch 341 on a Windows 2000
Master server.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated.