Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Windows 2000 clients

2001-07-17 13:01:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Windows 2000 clients
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:01:48 -0500
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but have you thought about
NetBackup Professional for the laptop/desktops?

Its not fully integrated with NBU...YET, but I'm told they're very close.

You may be hard pressed to keep track of the images that you backup to a
DISKSTU.  What I mean by that is if you need to do a single file restore,
its going to take a little more leg work to figure out which file system
backup you need to restore for your disk storage unit in order to restore
the single file.

OR

If you have the space, you could duplicate the images from your disk to a
tape storage unit, then delete the images from the disk storage and make the
tape the primary.

This could be easily scripted.

Hope this is helpful.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com