Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Netapp snapshot backups

2001-07-16 14:59:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Netapp snapshot backups
From: MSyed AT xo DOT com (MSyed AT xo DOT com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:59:11 -0700
Hi All,
How do backup only the snapshot directory of the Netapp using NDMP on
Veritas Netbackup Datacenter 3.4.
I created a class and I added the following files to backup the .snapshot
directory:
/.snapshot/nightly.0/<directory_name>/
Then I started a Manual backup. It mounted the tape, positioned it and it
was hanging for about 10 minutes after when I killed the backup.
Then I changed the filename to:
/vol/vol0/.snapshot/nightly.0/<directory_name>/
It did the same.  It hung and I killed the backup.
However, my regular NDMP backups are working fine.  How do I make my
.snapshot backups work.
Any help suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mukarram Syed
UNIX System Administrator
XO Communications