Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Spectra Logic

2001-07-13 15:06:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Spectra Logic
From: petes AT convergentdata DOT net (Peter Smith)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:06:39 -0600
Yes I have. I have used and implemented NBU into environments with the Gator
64K. From my experience I have found that the 64k works quite well in a NBU
SSO environment. Because the Gator can connect directly to a fabric (and do
a fabric login) it makes it easy to implement in a SAN. The downfall was the
AIT drives have a OS dependency so if you wish to share a drive with Solaris
and NT the drive will not allow it. I'm not sure if the newer firmware has
changed this or if AIT3 has changed this.

If did not change then you can logically split the library up. This is done
by the library controller. Overall I think Spectra makes a good library.

BTW, I'm not a reseller just a user.

Peter Smith
Convergent Data Services Inc.
www.convergentdata.net