Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line for monitor a job

2001-07-13 14:12:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line for monitor a job
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:12:15 -0500 (CDT)
> Hello James
>
> How does that make the fact that netbackup keeps everything in text files not
> true?   Try "cat /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/*.t" and see what you get.
>
> Regards,
> John I Wang
> Sr. Systems Engineer
> Steverson Information Professionals

Hmmmm.... Let's see if I can remember this correctly.

When I ran truss against the command bpdbjobs -report -all_columns
-stay_alive, I remember that it did exactly that. It would go to all the
text files in the jos database and then write them out.

But I what I though was, after it reached the interactive sessions stuff
that it connected to the bpdbm to actually get live client update
status. I don't remember seeing it read anything from a file right then
and there.

If you could, (and you're on a Solaris box) try running the following

truss -aef -o /tmp/trussoutput bpdbjobs -report -all_columns -stay_alive

when you're done with the test, you should see some stuff in the
/tmp/trussoutput command. If you send it back to me, I'll try to pinpoint
where I thought I saw this. If I can't I stand corrected and apologize if
I'm wrong.... :) I'd do this myself, but currently I'm not in front of a
Netbackup server, nor will I be for a few more weeks.

        -- Cheers
        -- James