Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] slow WinNT restores

2001-07-11 17:17:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] slow WinNT restores
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:17:17 -0600
I have a problem with restoring to a WinNT client. The restore starts,
restores a few files and then hangs. After a few files restore I get a
status code of 5 and the message says "network connection timeout". Our
pings show no problem with connectivity. The backups ran fine last night.

I have tried increasing timeouts in bp.conf:

CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=600
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT=900

and forcing only the interface that the client is on (bp.conf again)

REQUIRED_INTERFACE = odinge1.office.tac.net

Doesn't matter if the restore is started from the server (solaris 8) or the
client (winnt 4 sp6a).

Any ideas?

Thanks (currently hunting through log files for clues).