Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: [Veritas-vx] Help with Veritas products?

2001-07-10 14:24:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: [Veritas-vx] Help with Veritas products?
From: rogerk AT QueerNet DOT ORG (Roger B.A. Klorese)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, W. Curtis Preston wrote:
> I would submit that their use of the term snapshot for volume copies is
> confusing and should be dropped.

It's tough to say that you should rename a feature because people who
came *after* you chose to define it differently.  I disagree that prior
use is unimportant.  Sun, for instance, calls it an "Instant Image" or
somesuch, and it's not an image at all.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk AT QueerNet
DOT ORG