Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jobs not end writing

2001-07-09 05:26:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jobs not end writing
From: john.orman AT bt DOT com (john.orman AT bt DOT com)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:26:53 +0100
Can anyone offer some advice on this?
We have an NB master server running on an AIX 4.3.2 box (NB 3.4, patch
J0850645). On this box, jobs get stuck at the end writing stage for no
apparent reason, causing new jobs to queue. We know that the problem is with
the master rather than the clients, as it happens across all our client
platforms. Bouncing the NB daemons on the master will cure it temporarily,
but the problem keeps returning.

We have discovered that when it happens, the bpdbm and the parent bprd are
missing from the bpps -a output, even though they still exist in the ps -ef
list.

Any ideas?

>       John Orman
>        computing partners
>        affinitis
>       *01908 656267 * 01908 647002
>       *PP1112,82 Tavistock St,Bletchley,MK2 2PL
>       * john.orman AT bt DOT com
>  http://dataintegrity.intra.bt.com
British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.