Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error Code 52: Receiving a lot of these with my SSO backups.

2001-07-02 04:20:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error Code 52: Receiving a lot of these with my SSO backups.
From: MarelP AT AUSTRALIA.Stortek DOT com (Marelas, Peter)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:20:28 +1000
Netbackup has a media mount timeout set on the master.
In the past I found that Netbackup starts to count down the
timeout interval prior to even attempting the mount request.
I noticed cases where the mount request would be visible
in the Activity Monitor, however there would be no drives to
satisfy the request. The backup would eventually fail after media
mount timeout has elapsed. However, if a drive became available
prior to the media mount timeout expiring, the mount would succeed.

So, from my experience its usually saying to you
"theres no drive available at this time" error.

You can try two things.

The easy option which may bite you later on.
Set the media mount timeout on the master to something very high (i.e. 7
hour)

The not so easy option. Revise your backup windows such that there are
drives available when backups run.

Regards
Peter Marelas