Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Parsing the output of bpdbjobs

2001-06-29 14:50:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Parsing the output of bpdbjobs
From: jmeyer AT ptc DOT com (Jonathan Meyer)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:50:13 -0400
GNU awk does not have the line length restrictions which exist in many
other awk implementations.  I do not know for sure if it has
restrictions on numbers of fields, but I don't think that it does.

I would also mention that there was an excellent post in the last few
days which explained the fields returned by bpdbjobs -all_columns.
You might want to look at the list archives if you did not see the
post.

If I needed to parse the all_columns output, I would find it easier to
do in perl, but GNU awk should be able to do it, and should work
reasonably with the shell.

Jonathan Meyer
(781)370-6594
UNIX Systems Administrator