Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiration options

2001-06-26 16:08:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiration options
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:08:03 -0700
I am wondering about the way images are expired and what my options
are.  Currently I have my expiration for all images set to 6 weeks,
which means every 6 weeks the image database info is purged and that
tape is now ready to be re-used, correct?  I think it is so I'll
continue on that assumption.

What I would like to see is what was available in BudTool.  You could
set the time that the image was not over-writable, say 6 weeks, but the
image data would stay in the database until it was actually
overwritten.  So, I could set an image to be locked for 6 weeks, but if
the tape had not been written to, and it was week 8, you could still
browse the image data.

Does such an option exist in NetBackup?

Thanks.
--