Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Disaster Recovery with Netbackup

2001-06-23 21:21:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Disaster Recovery with Netbackup
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:21:17 -0700 (PDT)
>Hello All,
>
>I have a few questions about disaster recovery with Netbackup.
>Would it be a better idea to send a tape offsite with a ufsdump of the
>Netbackup
>server and use that?

We do a ufsdump of our NetBackup server.  We decided in a DR situation
it would make our life alot simpler to recover from.  Then once the
master server (an E450 in our case) is up, we could use it to build
the rest of our servers' disks without any OS or NetBackup client
installs (at least for our SUNs).

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935