Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to preview the media used for auto backup

2001-06-22 23:11:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to preview the media used for auto backup
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 20:11:40 -0700
You mean like you want to know the exact NAMES of the tapes?
It only wants blank or reusable tapes in there, and it will grab whatever
you give it for backups.

Say you've got tapes 000012 and 000013, both of which are eligible for
backups.  Let's say that 00012 is the next tape in line to be used, all
other things being equal.  But, 000013 is in the library, but 000012 is
not.  000013 will get used for the backup.  000012 will get used the next
time it get's put in the library.

At 02:55 AM 6/23/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> [...]

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your storage experts
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760 631 7991