Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database extension (SYBASE) errors

2001-06-20 08:53:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database extension (SYBASE) errors
From: dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com (Daniel Chrastil)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:53:29 -0400
Having major problems getting sybase database agent to complete a
database dump.  When dump is executed from the gui the job starts and
ends with a 0 return code without ever mounting a tape.  If anyone has
seen this before and can point me in the right direction that would be
great.  The following is what I see backup from the sybase script:

SYBACKUP_SERVER = hp09
SYBACKUP_CLASS = HP32_master_ONLINE
SYBACKUP_SCHED - Default-Policy
/stars/sybase/11.9.2/bin/isql -Usa -xxxxxx
-I/stars/sybase/11.9.2/interfaces -SSYBASE <
/stars/VERITAS/master/sybase_master_dump_db
WARNING:  In order to LOAD the master database, the SQL Server must run
in single-user mode.  If the master database dump uses multiple volumes,
you must execute sp_volchanged on another SQL Server at LOAD time in
order to signal volume changes.
Backup Server session id is:  63.  Use this value when excuting the
'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume
change request from the Backup Server.
Backup Server:  4.132.1.1:  Attempting to open byte stream device:
'sybackup::-SERV hp09 -CLASS HP32_master_ONLINE -SCHED
Default-Policy::00'
Backup Server:  4.124.2.1:  Archive API error for
device='sybackup::-SERV hp09 -CLASS HP32_master_ONLINE -SCHED
Default-Policy::00'
:: Vendor application name=<UNINIT>, Library version=0, API
routine=<UNINIT>, Message=Unable to open API library for device
'sybackup::-SERV hp09 -CLASS HP32_master_ONLINE -SCHED Default-Policy'.
Library path is
'/stars/sybase/11.9.2/lib/libsybackup.sl/libsybackup.sl' . shl_load()
returned:
Code=20, Message=Not a directory
Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'SYBASE' , Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server, Please refer to Backup Server
messages for details

Thanks,
Dan Chrastil
Senior Systems Programmer