Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup failing to run on a sco unix client.

2001-06-19 11:30:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup failing to run on a sco unix client.
From: davidb1 AT jdbyrider DOT com (davidb1 AT jdbyrider DOT com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:30:24 -0500
Hi all,

     I am running netbackup client on a sco box and it
is failing to backup. I have gone through all of the
troubleshooting listed in the veritas documentation and
the box has passed all of the problems listed, I can even
telnet into the port. The machine was working fine until
I made the following changes, 1.) I changed the nfs server
this box was pulling some files from. 2.) I changed root's
password. The box is working fine besides that. Also I have
already tried to re-install the netbackup client as well.
The message that netbackup send out is a follows.

     Subject: Backup on scodevel-net - 60 started
     Backup on client scodevel-net1 by root failed.
     Status = client cannot read the mount table.
     File list
     ---------
     /

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give,

David Bellar
JD Byrider Systems, Inc.
(ph) 317.249.3122
(fax) 317.249.3330
davidb1 AT jdbyrider DOT com

Proprietary & Confidential.  All rights reserved.  This information is
internal to J.D. Byrider Systems and is not to be disclosed or used without
prior written approval.