Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #495 - 17 msgs

2001-06-14 11:18:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #495 - 17 msgs
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:18:14 -0400
Ysbrand:

We use a 3rd party product ITO to monitor system events such as a full file
system.

As far as the daemons go, you can schedule jobs to perform bpps -a and grep for
processes.

We also schedule a backup to a disk storage unit on the master (just backs up a
small file) that runs every 10 minutes through cron. We monitor this job (what
we call a "schedule_check") via another script. If it doesn't complete every
1/2 hour or so, alerts get sent that the job has not run and something may be
hung.

Charlie Somogyi
BMS
Princeton, NJ