Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] After upgrade pbs

2001-06-12 06:37:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] After upgrade pbs
From: Simone De Brouwer <sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be> (Simone De Brouwer)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:37:39 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello,

On our new server (NBU and Media), I have add old backups images and volumes
to be able to restore files from backups made on our old server.
The reloads work without problems.

But when NBU initiate new backups and there are no "new volumes" available
in the pool, it try to write on the old volumes because all the old volumes
have the status : available . Fortunately, they are write protected because
I only want to read them. I tried to suspend these volumes with bpmedia but
they are unknown for bpmedia.

What is the best thing to do :

        move all the old volumes to another pool

        or/and change the expiration date of the old volumes

        or ....

Your suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance,

Simone De Brouwer
 Simone De Brouwer     -  Operations  -         email : sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT
be
                                                tel.  :  32 2 650 3727 / 3785
                                                fax   :  32 2 650 3740
 Brussels Free University Supercomputing Centre,  Belgium.