Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Auspex configuration

2001-06-12 05:01:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Auspex configuration
From: darkburst AT yahoo DOT com (effendy yahaya)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'm configuring the Auspex filer 1.9, NS2000-C
controlled by Solaris 2.6 under NBU DC 4.3GA.  3
drives scsi-attached to the filer.  the communication
between NBU and Auspex based on NDMP.
My master is AIX, F50, V4.3.0.0, scsi-attached to 1
drive.

my question,

1.  Do i need to install the NBU media manager package
for auspex?

2.  I'd enable the NDMP portion on master, which i did
the authentication part and configured the drive
accordingly as below :

drive 1 :  aus-klm2:/dev/raxmt/fsp0c6t2cn
drive 2 : aus-klm2:/dev/raxmt/fsp0c6t3cn
drive 3 : aus-klm2:/dev/raxmt/fsp0c6t4cn

Note : At this stage, no NBU package was installed.
Only enabling the NDMP for both media and master.
Furthermore, i can do a tar and do a backup
succesfully.

Does anybody have another reference site for this type
of configuration and do please highlight to me what
else need to be done on Auspex as for media server.

Thank you,

Regards,
Effendy Yahaya