Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tldtest

2001-06-11 17:04:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tldtest
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:04:03 -0400
Hello All:

Is there a way to sense only one of the mailslots in an L700
using tldtest?
If I use tldtest; s  i......
I get all of the slots returned to me. I just need to know the
status of the last mailslot. According to the tldtest command
set, it appears that it might be possible.

(HPUX 11.00 Master/NBU 3.4 DataCenter)

I am trying to get around the issue vmchange....-e has with
changing tapes to non-robotic if the mailslots are full and
cannot eject the tape.

By the way, Veritas just told me that the -e option is not
supported and the only tape ejection they will support is via the
vaulting tool; thats alot of dough to spend (15 Masters) just to
get a supported command that ejects a tape (that works
correctly). Any thoughts?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie Somogyi
BMS