Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Breecehill Q6.210 I/E

2001-06-07 14:31:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Breecehill Q6.210 I/E
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:31:39 -0400
The atthched sample script solves my problem with "multiple cartridge
eject to a silo
that has a multi-cartridge cap".

Douglas Ritschel wrote:

> We have a Breecehill Q6.210 with two Import/Export magazines. Each one
> is capable of handling 15 tapes. When I tell the Library to eject more
> that 15 tapes, it does not use the second magazine. Instead, it says
> that the first magazine is full. I've configured the Library to allow
> both Import and Export using both magazines, however, Netbackup does not
> take advantage of the second magazine. Any ides?

#!/bin/sh
OPENV=/usr/openv
NBU=$OPENV/netbackup
VOLMGR=$OPENV/volmgr
PATH=$PATH:$NBU/bin:$NBU/bin/goodies:$NBU/bin/admincmd:$VOLMGR/bin
export PATH

BPIMAGELIST=`which bpimagelist`
VMQUERY=`which vmquery`
VMCHANGE=`which vmchange`
OUTPUTFILE=weekly_eject.out

# Append to output file
echo " " >> $OUTPUTFILE
date >> $OUTPUTFILE
echo " " >> $OUTPUTFILE

x=0
for media in `$BPIMAGELIST -idonly -media -hoursago 168 2>/dev/null`
do
        if [ `$VMQUERY -b -m $media |grep $media |awk '{print $3}'` =
TLD ]
        then
                echo "$media" >> $OUTPUTFILE
                if [ $x -lt 4 ]
                then
                        y=$x
                        x=`expr $y + 1`
                        $VMCHANGE -res -m $media -mt dlt -rt none -rh
robot
-rc1 0 -rc2 0 -e -sec 5
                else
                        echo "PLEASE EMPTY FOUR DLT TAPES FROM THE
MAILSLOT
!!!"
                        echo "ENTER y AND HIT RETURN WHEN DONE...."
                        read OK
                        if [ $OK = y ]
                        then
                                x=1
                                $VMCHANGE -res -m $media -mt dlt -rt
none
-rh robot -rc1 0 -rc2 0 -e -sec 5
                        fi
                fi
        fi
done
echo "PLEASE EMPTY DLT TAPES FROM THE MAILSLOT !!!"

--
Douglas Ritschel
Fujitsu Network Communications