Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Updated Client Software for NetWare

2001-06-04 13:24:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Updated Client Software for NetWare
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:24:42 -0500
Hello Dennis

Back when I was transitioning from 3.2GA to 3.4, I ran some of my clients on 3.4
while my servers were still on 3.2.    It worked.    Maybe that might solve some
of your problems for the interim.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          dfdwyer@tecoe|
|        |          nergy.com    |
|        |                       |
|        |          06/04/01     |
|        |          12:18 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron           |
  |       Communications)                                    |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] Updated Client Software  |
  |       for NetWare                                        |
  >----------------------------------------------------------|

I posted this a while back and have continued to search but still I've found no
definitive information on how to obtain the latest and greatest client software
for NetWare clients being backed up by NBU 3.2GA. My clients are at least 2
years old and the bpcd.nlm tends to abend my NetWare servers every once in a
while. It's never the same server all the time and the frequency is completely
random. Someone on this list pointed me to a current patch that did some things
with regard to NetWare but there is still no mention of the actual client
software. I'm running NBU 3.2GA on a Sun E450 under Solaris 2.6 and the NetWare
clients are not downloaded to the Sun server during the install. I have to
install each client individually, which leads me to believe, they will not be
included in any patch package I get from Sun.

Anybody got any ideas? The chore of rebooting a couple of servers after my
weekly FULL backups is getting kind of old now. I'd like to fix this and be done
with it. I'm planning on upgrading to NBU 3.4 later this year, but that won't
help me in the here and now.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice