Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Latest Veritas NBU Patch in Sun PKG Format

2001-05-31 10:37:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Latest Veritas NBU Patch in Sun PKG Format
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:37:25 -0500
Dennis Dwyer wrote:

> I recently downloaded Sun Patch-ID 108261-06 and I was wondering if anyone
> could
> tell me how current that will bring me in relationship to Veritas NBU
> patches? I
> know there's always a time lapse between when Veritas issues a patch and when
> Sun repackages it. I'm getting ready to upgrade to Solaris 2.8 from Solaris
> 2.6
> and I'm told that this Patch-ID will allow me to continue to run NBU 3.2GA
> until
> I'm ready to upgrade to 3.4. If there are other patches to consider in a NBU
> environment maintained under Sun, please feel free to chime in.
>
> Regards,
> Dennis

I've got support through SUN for NetBackup and have yet to find anyone
or anything which shows a correlation between VERITAS and SUN patch
levels; that's why we opted to use Veritas packages and patches.
Thankfully with 3.4 SUN is abandoning this duplicity and using VERITAS
packages/patches.

<rant>
Anyway, have you or anyone else who has NetBackup support through SUN
gotten 3.4 license keys yet? I got the NBU 3.4 media kit (which
interestingly included NBU 3.4 *DataCenter* for NT/2K; not just the
client) from SUN, and a glib note inferring I would get license keys,
though opening up 2 separate tickets on the issue and pinging our SUN SE
I've yet to receive a notice when I'd get these keys.
</rant>

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson       | United Defense L.P.
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com | pager 763.572.6684