Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Continuous mounting of tapes with no backup. Grrrr!

2001-05-30 17:18:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Continuous mounting of tapes with no backup. Grrrr!
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:18:37 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, we've seen that on our equipment before we went live.  It had
to do with setting the wrong robot drive number for the tape device
(ie setting rst0a to drive number 2 when it should have been 1).

You can do an 'mt -f <device>' from the filer console to check which
drive the tape is loaded in from the filer's point of view.  Then
make sure that's the same device that Veritas is configured to use.

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935