Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Class Running Repeatedly throughout Scheduled Window

2001-05-29 14:52:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Class Running Repeatedly throughout Scheduled Window
From: Warren.Landrum AT Microchip DOT com (Warren.Landrum AT Microchip DOT com)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:52:43 -0700
--=_alternative 0067B44E07256A5B_=

All,

I have one particular backup class that I only want to run weekly on
Friday nights. I have the schedule set up to be from Friday at 17:30 thru
Saturday night at 24:00. But it looks like this backup class is just
running any and every time in that window when a tape drive becomes
available. Obviously, this is wasting tape resources.

I think I tried shrinking the backup window and got it so that it only ran
once, but then when I reopened the window as defined above, seems like it
started backing up multiple times again. I reopened it cause I did not
really want just the small window because, obviously, if drives were busy
and that window passed, I would miss that weeks' backups.

Help!

Warren G. Landrum, Jr.
Operations Supervisor
NT/VMS Systems Administrator
Microchip Technology
w: 480-792-7746
--=_alternative 0067B44E07256A5B_=

only want to run weekly on Friday nights. I have the schedule set up to be from
Friday at 17:30 thru Saturday night at 24:00. But it looks like this backup
class is just running any and every time in that window when a tape drive
becomes available. Obviously, this is wasting tape resources.</font>
and got it so that it only ran once, but then when I reopened the window as
defined above, seems like it started backing up multiple times again. I
reopened it cause I did not really want just the small window because,
obviously, if drives were busy and that window passed, I would miss that weeks'
backups.</font>
Operations Supervisor<br>
NT/VMS Systems Administrator<br>
Microchip Technology<br>