Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] overwrite tape

2001-05-23 06:13:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] overwrite tape
From: marcelb AT InterXion DOT com (Marcel van den Berg (Devote))
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:13:19 +0200
Hi,

Might be a simple question but could not find an answer in the archive
nor on the site of Veritas nor in the manuals.

We are using Netbackup Business Server 3.4.1 on Windows 2000 using a
Compaq tapelibrary. We have just one tape available for every day in the
week. So for every day there is a volumepool with one tape in it.

How  can Netbackup be configuered that it overwrites the tape at every
backup? Now it appends the job to the tape, resulting in messages
'unable to allocate new media for backup.... (96) after a few
successfull backup's

Is the only way to control this the use of retention levels?

best wishes
Marcel