Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpmedialist Question

2001-05-21 14:53:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpmedialist Question
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:53:44 -0400
I'm trying to verify that the reason the statistics at the end of a bpmedialist
Summary report may add up to more than the rated capacity of my library due to
compression. I have an L11000 library and when I add up the statistics at the
end of the report it comes out to 272 tapes (not so strange) and 16.4GB. Since
the rated capacity of the library is 11GB, I'm assuming that's a native number
with no compression.

True or False?

Thanks,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice