Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two questions

2001-05-17 15:44:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two questions
From: Judy.Malinak AT geio.ge DOT com (Malinak, Judy (GEIO))
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:44:31 -0400
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create two 'original' backup tapes
from the same job?  In other words, instead of making a backup and then
duplicating the backup, I'd like to run two concurrent backups of the same
data at the same time.

Second, has anyone has to create a 'test' environment in an existing
NetBackup configuration and then restore the environment back to its
original state?  I need to perform a disaster recovery test in a 3.2
environment.  My only option is to use my current 3.4 environment to execute
it.  Has anyone ever heard of a procedure to do such a thing.  I know at a
high level I need to backup the 3.4 environment and then blow away the
software and the NB databases; install 3.2, configure, run test; restore
environment to 3.4.  Does this mean a reinstallation of NetBackup 3.4? or
can I recreate the environment from my backups?  This also includes a robot
full of tapes.  If I have enough empty slots to insert the test tapes, do I
need to remove my 3.4 tapes????

> g  GE InterBusiness Operations
>
> Judy Malinak
> Open Systems Engineer