Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] solaris 8 backup with NB 3.2

2001-05-17 15:12:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] solaris 8 backup with NB 3.2
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:12:16 -0500
Dennis Caparas wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> I have a Solaris 8 clients in my Netbackup 3.2 Master server ( I
> configured them as Solaris 7 because 3.2 doesn't have an option for Sol.
> 8).
> I run a full backup but when I monitored the running jobs...there are
> several of them. I found out that it run separate different backups for
> each directory that was configured to backup. Does anyone of you
> experience this? Is this the result of configuring a Sol. 8 client which
> I know is not supported by NB 3.2?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Victor "Dennis" N. Caparas
> Unix Systems Administrator
> Borland Software Corporation
> Direct (831)431-1467
> Fax (831) 431-4144
> Email dcaparas AT borland DOT com

Solaris 8 is supported in 3.2 with the correct patch level (I can't
remember which one). You have to run an included script though to add it
in, I think its /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client. It really just
creates sym links to the 2.6 client though.

I only saw that problem of filesystems being constantly backed up over
and over with the 3.4 patch that got recalled.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)