Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HSM for NetBackup

2001-05-16 16:06:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HSM for NetBackup
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:06:30 -0400
I know this has been asked before but I'm way too busy (lazy) to look through
the archives.

I'm looking for software that will interface well with NetBackup that does HSM
on server data. I need the flexibility for all client platforms (including
Novell) to move data to tape that hasn't been accessed for a certain period of
time. I would also like the ability to roll it off of archive if it hasn't been
recalled after a certain period of time (can you tell I came from a mainframe
HSM world?). If Veritas already has such a product, or plans such a product, I
would be real interested in talking with someone about it. I would also look at
other vendor offerings. The key is ... I would like it to interface with
NetBackup.

Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice