Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware restores, Win2000 PC, Unix Master Serve

2001-05-11 11:59:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware restores, Win2000 PC, Unix Master Serve
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:59:42 -0500
Dan Dobbs wrote:

>  Greetings, friends!
>
> I'm running NB Datacenter 3.4 on an HP/9000 (HP-UX 11.0). I used to use the
> Windows NetBackup Admin utility for Netware to do restores for my Novell
> (Netware 5.1) machines. However, it no longer runs on my PC, as I have
> upgraded
> to Windows 2000. Luckily, I was able to use the BP.NLM to do the restore, but
> it's not the model of user-friendliness. Has there been a new Netware Admin
> utility for Windows 2000 released??
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Dan Dobbs, System Administrator
> -Mutual Materials
> -425.452.2387

The NetBackup for NetWare Windows GUI works fine on Win2K and is on the
main NetBackup 3.4 CD in PC_Clnt/NetWare/Win32.

You can do restores just the same via the Java or xbp interface on your
HPUX though. Why don't you just use it? A trick for doing non-target
restores with xbp: choose / for the search directory, but then you MUST
manually tell it to use '5' for directory depth.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)