Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IRIX 6.5.10 hanging

2001-05-10 12:23:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IRIX 6.5.10 hanging
From: bill.wiessner AT veritas DOT com (Bill Wiessner)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:23:29 -0400
Also, when using IRIX be aware of the following:

There is a bug in IRIX 6.5.9, 6.5.10, and 6.5.11. In a shared tape
environment where when one of the systems is rebooted, the tape rewinds
unless it has been "reserved" with "mt".  Random tape device rewinds from
external sources can corrupt an active backup tape and render previous
backups unusable.  This is seen with 9840 and 9940 drives.

This is fixed in IRIX 6.5.12 and patched in 6.5.10 and 6.5.11. There is not
patch for 6.5.9.
6.5.10m         Patch4210
6.5.10f                 Patch4211
6.5.11m         Patch4187