Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Data Buffer Sizes (continued)

2001-05-09 05:27:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Data Buffer Sizes (continued)
From: Dave.Pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se (Dave Pearson (EML))
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:27:52 +0200
Please note my previous message referred to our Sun E450 master server running
Solaris 2.6. Other operating
systems will have their own restrictions on the use of shared memory.

Veritas tech note 183701 tells you how to calculate the amount of shared meory,
i.e.

SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS * NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS * No. of tape drives * Max. MPX per
tape drive

Our system has the values 64k and 96 for the first two parameters, 4 tape
drives and an MPX of 8. This gives a total
of 196Mb of shared memory.

Dave Pearson
Ericsson Mobile Communications (UK) Ltd.
* +44-1256-864700
* dave.pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se