Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Data Buffer Sizes

2001-05-09 04:33:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Data Buffer Sizes
From: Dave.Pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se (Dave Pearson (EML))
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:33:12 +0200
A word of warning if you are increasing NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS on your system.

This will increase the use of shared memory and if this exceeds the value of
shminfo_shmmax
in the etc/system file your backups will fail with a System Call Failed, Status
11 message (as
ours did!).

I understand you can increase the value of shminfo_shmmax to the amount of
physical
memory in your system. I have not tried this yet but if anyone has or has more
than my limited
knowledge on this subject please let us know.

Thanks,

Dave Pearson
Ericsson Mobile Communications (UK) Ltd.
* +44-1256-864700
* dave.pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se