Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing retention periods

2001-05-08 16:04:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing retention periods
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:04:48 -0600
To Change the Retention Level of Duplicated Tapes
The following three steps describe changing the retention level (rl) or
expiration date on duplicate images.

1) Make the duplicate image the primary copy to work with:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpduplicate -npc 2 -backupid <image name>

2) Change the retention level for the image:
bpexpdate -recalculate -ret <new retention level> -backupid <image name>

3) Change the primary copy back to the original image:
bpduplicate -npc 1 -backupid <image name>