Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ADIC Scalar 1000 Tape Libraries

2001-05-08 14:34:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ADIC Scalar 1000 Tape Libraries
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:34:31 -0700 (PDT)
One of my larger clients just installed a four cabinet
12 DLT8000 drive unit.  Price/Performance, this is a
real good unit.  I think ADIC has done a very good job
with this aquisition.

Dennis, if you check the archives of this list, I
believe you'll find some discussions on this topic that
might prove helpful to you.

David

Quoting Dennis Dwyer <dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com>:

> Anybody out there have any experience (good or bad)
with ADIC Scalar 1000
> DLT tape libraries (with or without expansion
modules)? I'm going to look
> at them when I begin looking for a replacement to my
current, smaller,
> library. I especially interested in integrating it
with an already existing
> NetBackup environment.
>
> My current environment is:
>
> NetBackup 3.2GA
> Sun E450 Master (no media servers)
> ATL7100 robotic library.
>
> Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Dennis
>
> Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
> Translation: Just because you've always done it that
way, doesn't make it
> right
>
> Dennis F. Dwyer
> Enterprise Storage Manager
> Tampa Electric Company
>
> (813) 225-5181  - Voice
> (813) 275-3599  - FAX
>
> Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting