Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Automated media inject for tape libraries

2001-05-08 11:39:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Automated media inject for tape libraries
From: kjf40180 AT GlaxoWellcome DOT com (Frinzl, Ken)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:39:50 -0400
I'm currently running Netbackup 3.4 and tested Tech Note 236322
This Tech note has added an option to Netbackup to allow a robot  with a
media access port to be automatically emptied and
inventoried into the Netbackup database.

Requirements:  Netbackup 3.4

add following line to vm.conf file

AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT

I've tested this on my SUN 7/3500 (ATL 7/100) library , SUN L/11000 (ATL
P/3000) library and STK 9710 library.  It works great  I don't have to run a
script on the 9710 and I can remove the autoload feature on the ATL
libraries.  What is really nice is that it also does an inventory update.

Ken Frinzl
Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
Five Moore Drive
PO Box 13398
RTP, NC 27709
Work  919-483-8050
e-mail:  kjf40180 AT glaxowellcome DOT com