Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating a NetBackup Database backup

2001-05-07 15:54:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating a NetBackup Database backup
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
bpbackupdb runs on your media server probably because
that's where its tape lives.  You can run it on your
master as well, you simply need to indicate the
location of the files to backup

$STOPBPRD #to keep any new jobs from being submitted
#CHECK FOR ACTIVE BACKUPS
if no active backups or archives, then:
bpbackupdb -tpath $TPATH -ev $MEDID -nodbpaths \
/usr/openv/netbackup/db \
/usr/openv/netbackup/var \
/usr/openv/volmgr/database \
MEDIASRVR:/usr/openv/netbackup/db \
MEDIASRVR:/usr/openv/netbackup/var \
MEDIASRVR:/usr/openv/volmgr/database
$STARTBPRD

If you include something like that in your dupe scripts
on your master, you should be good to go!

David

Quoting "Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]"
<AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca>:

> Taking another image of the DB to tape would do just
as well.. I am just
> trying to somehow automate this with the
duplciation/offsite script I am
> creating for our purpose. It seems the bpbackupdb
gets run on the media
> server, while the bpduplicate commands are run on the
master server...