Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using TAR command

2001-05-04 10:56:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using TAR command
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:56:06 -0700 (PDT)
When you multiplex (it is turned on and considered an
MPX backup when the value is greater than one on your
schedule) you lose the tar compatible header on the
tape.

However, you may demux through duplication.

David

Quoting adamlapizza <adamlapizza AT hotmail DOT com>:

> That backup was made with the Netbackup mupliplexe ON
(but it was the > only machine baked up at that time).
So I'm not sure if I can use a > regular tar to extrac
the files. Does anyone have an answer to this?
> Note Veritas uses gnu tar
> Thx for the help
>
> Adam

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting