Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpend_notify Question

2001-05-03 18:53:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify Question
From: ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com (Ravi Channavajhala)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:53:57 -0400 (EDT)
The bpend_notify inherently is weak in the sense that it doesn't
care if the backup job failed with any media error, it exit
status might be zero.  You have two options to do

        - Before netbackup starts the next attempt after a
          failed backup, verify the status of last backup that
          was done.  If it is > 1, then definitely it failed.
          Run whatever the cleanup you have to conditionally
          within bpstart_.

        - Try backup_exit_notify on the master, if you do not
          want the notification for every server, only put
          the hosts you desire in the script.  This script
          gets the actual backup failure code, note not the
          exit status as believed by client side bpbkar.  Based
          on this, you can also manipulate the bpstart.  Not
          very straight forward, still doable.

-ravi