Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SuperDLT?

2001-05-01 17:43:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SuperDLT?
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:43:28 -0500
Has anyone heard about the status of SuperDLTs? We are going to get a
new tape library soon and want SDLT drives in it, but StorageTek only
has a 'coming soon' listed on their website. I heard
rumor/gossip/hearsay that the drives were released already, then
distribution halted temporarily because of backward compatibility
issues. Is this true? Is anyone using SDLT?

I'm seriously looking at LTO as an option. Are you people who are using
it liking it? One scenario would be to go to LTO drives in an L700 or
something, then down the road when my library with DLT7000 drives is
phased out, just slap a DLT7K or two in the L700 as a separate storage
unit for backward reading of my old tapes. Anyone doing this?

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)