Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix_backup_Status script

2001-04-26 17:11:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix_backup_Status script
From: JSANGEMINO AT EFTIA DOT com (Sangemino, Joe)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:11:54 -0400
Hi,
        I ran the Unix_backup_Status script I downloaded from the
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com site and ran in it on my Solaris 7 Netbackup
3.2ga box which backs up a mixed Unix/NT environment.  The script gave me a
really nice, informative report (Thanks, David!)  on my Unix boxes, but
neglected my NT machines.

I played with the "os excludes" lines in the script, but with no success.

I finally chopped the following line:
for i in `$ADMCMD/bpclclients | grep -v $OS1 | grep -v $OS2 |
(line/dev/null;line/dev/null;tee) | cut -c35-68`
to read:

for i in `$ADMCMD/bpclclients | cut -c35-68`

(As I don't have a huge number of systems, and I don't want to exclude any
OS from my report.)

This produced a backup status report on all my systems and is now run daily.

I'm sure there's a REAL working fix, probably something simple, but I'm new
to Unix, and not known for my patience when it comes to scripting, hence the
'chop hack'

If someone would like to show me a 'real' fix for the script, I'd be happy
to learn from it.

Regards,

Joe Sangemino
NT/UNIX Systems Administrator