Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 Netapps + NetBackup 3.4 + NDMP + Brocade + ATL P2000

2001-04-26 16:32:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 Netapps + NetBackup 3.4 + NDMP + Brocade + ATL P2000
From: Grant.Melvin AT netapp DOT com (Melvin, Grant)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:32:24 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Collie, Michael [mailto:Michael.Collie AT netapp DOT com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 1:28 PM

Boris,

You can add filer #2 into NetBackup using the same authentication steps you
used to setup filer #1.

Both filers will see the media changer once you have authenticated the robot
with each of the filers.
To assign drives to filers, you will need to setup two separate classes, one
dedicated to filer #1 + 1 drive and the second dedicated to filer #2 + 2
drives.  To keep the media separate for each filer and associated drive, you
will need to create two separate volume pools, one for each filer and
associated drive.
Please let me know if you need further help.
Michael.

Cheers,
        Grant

P.S.    A description of these FC Tape SAN solutions for NetApp filers can be
viewed at:

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/olio/SAN_GOLD/FC2/