Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup for VCS Oracle

2001-04-20 18:45:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup for VCS Oracle
From: ktsay AT sitesmith DOT com (Kevin Tsay)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:45:51 -0700
Dear Listers:

Can someone help me with the following problems.

DB server: 2 SUN E420R running Solaris 8 VCS 1.3 Oracle 8.1.7
Backup server : 1 SUN Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 NetBackup 3.2

My question is when I try to install Netbackup Oracle Agent,
should I do Agent Client installation on both VCS nodes ?
If that's the path, all my oracle binary, datafile ... are
on Array A5200 and when I try to relink the Oracle shared library
(under $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.so), the 2nd DB node won't be ablt to
see the Oracle shared library. Is there any other way to install this ?

TIA

Kevin Tsay