Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO drives

2001-04-20 11:02:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO drives
From: sixbury AT celeritas DOT com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:02:20 -0500
We used LTO at a client site.  The Library was a new IBM 3495?  I never
remember the numbers that IBM uses, but it was whatever the latest IBM
library was at the time (3 months ago) to house LTO.  I heard that LTO was
supposed to be better because of having more of an open solution, but I know
that when we tried to use some Fuji LTO tapes in the IBM LTO library that
they weren't being recognized by the drives, but that the IBM LTO tapes
worked fine.

Dan